We’re happy to report that we just added nine new exhibits to Women Writers in Context, an experimental publication series designed to engage readers in exploration and discovery of topics related to early women’s writing. Exhibits are brief essays that combine critical arguments, images and media objects, visualizations, and links to the primary sources in Women Writers Online.
The Women Writers in Context platform is designed to serve as a point of entry for the materials in Women Writers Online, highlighting connections among the texts and their authors. Exhibits have several reading and display options, with contextual details for the persons and texts discussed, a timeline view showing significant events, and links to additional readings and information.
Here are the new exhibits:
- Patricial Caldwell’s introduction to Anne Bradstreet’s The Tenth Muse
- Margaret Ezell’s introduction to Katharine Evans and Sarah Chevers’ This is a Short Relation
- Teresa Feroli’s introduction to Eleanor Davies’s Tobit’s Book, A Lesson Appointed for Lent
- Elaine Hobby’s introduction to Hannah Wolley’s The Cook’s Guide
- Rebecca Laroche’s introduction to Elizabeth Melville’s A Godly Dream
- Elizabeth McCutcheon’s introduction to Margaret Roper’s translation of A Devout Treatise Upon the Pater Noster
- Sheri Metzger’s introduction to Rachel Speght’s Mortalities Memorandum
- Betty Travitsky’s introduction to Elizabeth Clinton’s The Countesse of Lincolnes Nurserie
- Earla Wilputte’s introduction to Eliza Haywood’s Adventures of Eovaai